Have you ever felt completely alone? Even when you are in a crowd or with people you love? I have. It’s not a fun feeling.
But you can be assured that God knows you, He sees you and you are not alone.
Even Jesus felt alone and He understands
Jesus felt alone too. In the garden of Gethsemane when He asked the disciples to pray and they kept falling asleep.
When He was hanging on the cross for our sins.
It’s hard in one way for me to wrap my head around Jesus as being human and having the same thoughts feelings that I have. I can’t imagine him ever feeling alone, but he did.
The other night I was looking for a Facebook group and as I was scrolling I got caught up in the black hole that is Facebook and ended up looking at groups just because I had no idea what in the world they were. Some were funny, some were interesting but one really caught my eye.
It was a group of people who all looked to be in their late teens to mid 30’s. Come to find out they are fans of a certain group and that’s what they all have in common, hence the name of the Facebook group.
I only know this because I had to look it up. I know, I’m getting old lol. I didn’t even understand most of the slang language they were using but most had the same theme.
They were lonely. They were looking for acceptance. These young people were on line begging anyone to talk to them.
My heart broke and I was frozen in place staring at the faces and reading their words. It was post after post of people almost begging for even a complete stranger to talk to them. I can’t get one girl’s face and words out of my head.
She started out writing things like “hit me up if you wanna talk”, “I’m here and waiting if anyone wants to talk”, “I’m single and only looking for a friend if that’s what you want”. Then it went to “I guess no one wants to talk right now” then at last she wrote.
“I get it now. I’m not loveable and no one wants me.” The empty look in her eyes mixed with sadness and defeat has stuck with me.
It has been said that “Lonely is not being alone, it’s the feeling that no one cares.”-unknown
Have you ever felt this way? Have you ever felt so alone that you thought no one could ever love you or wanted you?
There is hope for our feelings of being alone
I’m here to tell you without a doubt there is one who loves you so much He gave His life for you! He would leave the 99 to come look just for you! You are precious in His sight and nothing you can do will stop Him from loving you!
His name is Jesus. Because Jesus loves you with an everlasting and unconditional love you are NEVER alone!
There is no where that you can go that He doesn’t see you. There is not a word that comes from your mouth that He doesn’t hear.
Yes, sometimes life is hard. Sometimes it just plain stinks! People let us down. The people who are supposed to be there for us and love us the most will disappoint and hurt us.
Parents, brothers and sisters, other family members, our friends, our co-workers and even our children at some point will all let us down. They will all hurt us in some way.
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly.”
- 1John 3:1 “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.”
- Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”
- Jeremiah 31:3 “The Lord appeared to him from far away, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”
- Romans 8:35-39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, ‘For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.”
- Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- 1Peter 5:7 “Cast all your cares on him, because He cares for you.”
- Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be dismayed, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
- Matthew 28:20 “And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Psalm 27:10 “For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in.”
- Psalm 62:8 “Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”
- Psalm 147:3 “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
- Isaiah 40:28-31 “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; the shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
The Bible is full of stories of God’s love for us. How He wants a relationship with us. This is not a sermon, but rather I want everyone to know that God loves you. He is here for you. He knows you and you are not alone.
God says in Jeremiah 1:5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb…”
You are never alone. The next time you are feeling lonely or unloved try this. Even if you are in a group of people, either step away to the bathroom, go outside or just say it in your head. “God I need you.” Ask God to hear you, to help you and to come be with you. Maybe all you can say is the name of Jesus. Say it!
How I can help
Please know that no matter what you are going through God knows and He loves you.
I am happy to pray with you and for you. No one ever sees the prayer request that come through my site but me.
I don’t have to know you or all the details of your situation because God does.
Especially during the holidays and times of festivities remember there are people who are not so happy. They are alone.
There is no tree and there are no presents. They are not all homeless people or run-aways. They are not all “trouble makers” or “punk kids with an attitude problem”.
They may be our neighbors. The school teacher your child has. Your co-worker, the person who checks you out at the store or even your Sunday school teacher.
We all have our own battles and they are all hard. Loneliness, especially during this season, can make people feel desperate.
Please, please remember to go before God and pray for people.
It’s so easy to get caught up in our own lives and families and plans. Just sometime during your day stop and pray. Either for yourself or someone, preferably both.
If you skipped all the way down to the end without reading the post that’s ok! Just know that you are NEVER alone and YOU ARE LOVED!
Be blessed, be faithful and live fearless 🙂
Please share this post so others can have help and hope knowing that they are not alone!